Military operatives providing security for the Governorship and Assembly elections in Enugu State have arrested 140 thugs allegedly deployed for today’s election, The Nation has learnt.
A source said the hoodlums were picked up at the popular Carollina Hotel, Nsukka.
It was also gathered another three armed hoodlums were arrested at INEC office Nsukka.
The source said they were all armed with weapons including AK47 rifles, adding that they had confessed to have been deployed by a prominent member of a political party in the state.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu