A group of monarchs in Anambra State have reportedly declared their interest in supporting the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Atiku Abubakar, in the forthcoming 2023 general elections.
The said traditional rulers, all from the Idemili North and South local government areas of Anambra, however, shunned their former state governor to support the candidate of the PDP.
Stating their reason for backing Atiku, the monarchs said the Wazirin Adamawa and his running mate, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta State, are getting their full support because of their support received from a chieftain of the PDP in Anambra, Prof Obiora Okonkwo.
HotNewsInNaija understands that the traditional rulers present were from the 17 communities that make up Idemili North and South.
Recall that Okonkwo was named the director of the PDP Presidential Campaign Council in the state a few days ago.
In his remark at a meeting held in Ogidi, the headquarters of the Idemili North Local Government Area on Saturday, the Chairman, of Idemili North and South Traditional Rulers Council, Igwe C. C. Agbala, said the support for the PDP was in the interest of the Igbo.
Agbala said, “We can no longer continue in opposition as a region; we have endured enough and must get our region back to national politics. You have our unalloyed support and blessings. With you, we are comfortable supporting (an) Atiku Abubakar’s presidency, knowing that you have a record of always standing in the line of progress, development, and stability.”
While addressing the monarchs, Okonkwo assured them that Atiku would restructure Nigeria if elected President in 2023.
- Onoh Tackles Uzor-Kalu, Says Senate Presidency Is Not For Person With Tainted Record
- Electronic Aspects of Election Hold No Waters in Evidence – Appeal Court; Peter Obi and LP Should Note This
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Orders Oyetola, APC To Pay Adeleke N500k for Damages
- JUST IN: Appeal Court Sets Aside Tribunal Judgement, Upholds Adeleke As The Winner Of Osun State July 16 Governorship Election
- I Will Govern Abia State Just Like Peter Obi Did In Anambra State – Abia Gov-Elect Otti
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter