A Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chieftain, Kassim Afegbua, has disclosed that it gladdens his heart that the presidential candidate of the major opposition party, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, picked Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, who he described as a weaker candidate, as a running mate.
The former Atiku Abubakar presidential campaign organization’s spokesman said this on Thursday during an interview on Arise TV, saying the the Delta State Governor was only compensated for betraying the South.
Recall that the PDP Chieftain had earlier declared his support for the presidential aspirant of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Afegbua said the Delta State Governor, who was among the Southern Governors that moved for a Southern presidency come 2023, ended up betraying the South by working with Atiku.
He also reiterated that he will resign from the PDP and throw his weight behind the candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
In his words:
“It gladdens my heart that Atiku has picked a weaker candidate as his running mate. It provides a golden opportunity for the APC, which has a Southern candidate and Peter Obi.
“Okowa was among the governors who made the Southern declaration that the region should produce the next President but he went behind to work against it and betrayed the South because he was looking at becoming Vice president…
“Atiku has used the Vice President slot to compensate him.”
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi