Former Nigerian Senator and activist, Shehu Sani, has disagreed that Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association (MACBAN) did not buy the controversial N100 million All Progressives Congress (APC)’s nomination and expression of interest forms for former Nigerian President, Goodluck Jonathan.
Shehu Sani said this via a tweet posted on his official verified Twitter handle, @ShehuSani, arguing that the Fulani group that couldn’t afford the N40m People Democratic Party (PDP) form for Atiku couldn’t have bought the N100m form for Goodluck Jonathan.
The former lawmaker noted that the body’s name was only used in a political chess game, wondering why the organisation could overlook their Fulani brother, in the person of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar and decided to buy the forms for Jonathan.
Jonathan had said he didn’t authorize the APC presidential nomination form purchased for him by the Fulani”s group.
Goodluck Jonathan, through a statement issued in Abuja by his spokesman, Ikechukwu Eze, disclosed that he had no link to the northern coalition that purchased the form, admonishing those behind the charade to desist from further defacing his name and urged Nigerians to disregard it.
However, the activist and former senator, who represented Kaduna central district in the 8th National Assembly, insisted that “Miyetti that didn’t buy N40m form for a Fulani Atiku couldn’t have bought N100m form for Goodluck Jonathan.”
He added in a tweet, “They are simply used in a political chess game.”
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu