Daniel Bwala, the spokesperson of the Atiku Abubakar Presidential Campaign Organisation, has predicted that the Labour Party (LP) will do better than the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) in the 2023 elections.
He made the prediction during an interview on Sunrise Daily, a Channels Television programme, on Monday, stating that the LP presidential flagbearer, Peter Obi, would perform better than Bola Tinubu, his APC counterpart, due to the disunity of the ruling party.
Mr Bwala noted that the forthcoming presidential election is a referendum on the APC after being in power for seven years, adding that the referendum is not on a standard set by the ruling party.
He added that the likes of Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, former Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, and Senate President Ahmad Lawan have been ostracised by Tinubu.
In his words: “The Labour Party has more promise than APC in this election. It is a referendum.
“The PDP is the opposition party. In 2019, you saw how they came close.
The point is when you add all their aspirants together with President Muhammadu Buhari, and yet they only were able to escape with 2 points something million votes, you can imagine now that they are fragmented.
“Where the candidate of the party is on a vendetta mission against those who ran against him in the primary. Where is Osinbajo today? Ostracised as if he’s an outcast.
“The referendum on APC is not on a standard set by others. It’s their own standard.”
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu