Abba Kyari, the suspended Deputy Commissioner of Police, has been reportedly moved out of Kuje Medium Security Custodial Centre in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Reports indicated that hours after terrorists invaded the facility late on Tuesday to free some of their members, the suspended police chief was moved out of the prisons.
HotNewsInNaija also gathered that most of the violent criminals and terrorists in the facility were also released by the terrorists into the FCT.
However, many high-profile inmates were said to have stayed back during the Tuesday night attack, which lasted about three hours.
In a chat with Peoples Gazette, a correctional officer, who wanted to remain anonymous, said inmates like Abba Kyari, Farouk Lawan and other prominent detainees are still in the facility.
Kyari, who was remanded in the prison earlier this year, is standing trial for allegedly dealing in cocaine alongside four members of his former police unit and two other persons arrested at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport in Enugu.
Meanwhile, the Nigerian Correctional Service has confirmed the attack on its facility in the Kuje area council of the Federal Capital Territory.
The spokesman to the service, Umar Abubakar while reacting to the incident said an armed squad of the service in collaboration with other security agencies responded to the attack.
Abubakar in a statement released in the early hours of Wednesday said calm had been returned to the area.
- Gov. Soludo Discloses Why He Was Asked To Leave His Seat At President Tinubu’s Inauguration
- Nigerian Man Acquires New N2m Elon Musk’s Robotic Wife (Photos)
- JUST IN: President Tinubu Orders The DSS To Vacate EFCC Lagos Office With Immediate Effect
- JUST IN: Court Sentences Adedoyin to Death By Hanging for OAU Student’s Murder
- WPO Nigeria sets to inaugurate peace advisers, says its needed now that Nigeria tracks on unity
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter