The Accountant-General of the Federation (AGF), Ahmed Idris has reportedly been arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) over an N80 billion fraud.
This was made known in a statement released, on Monday, by the spokesman of the law enforcement agency, Wilson Uwujaren, noting that Idris was arrested after failing to honour the commission’s invitations to respond to issues connected to the fraudulent act.
The statement reads in part:
“Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Monday, May 16, 2022, arrested serving Accountant General of the Federation, Mr. Ahmed Idris in connection with diversion of funds and money laundering activities to the tune of N80 billion( Eighty Billion Naira only),” Uwujaren’s statement read.
Uwujaren noted that the EFCC has investigated and confirmed that the AGF embezzled the money through bogus consultancies and other illegal activities using proxies, family members and relatives. He added:
“The Commission’s verified intelligence showed that the AGF raked off the funds through bogus consultancies and other illegal activities using proxies, family members and close associates.”
According to the EFCC, the funds were laundered via real estate investments in Kano and Abuja.
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi