Nobel Laureate, Professor Wole Soyinka has urged the President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu to work on Nigeria’s restructuring once he is inaugurated.
The Professor warned that all other policies and efforts by the incoming administration may fail if Tinubu fails to address the issues of restructuring.
According to Soyinka, the demand for restructuring is one issue that won’t disappear and the government must understand and address the demands coming from Nigerians.
The Nobel Laureate pointed out that new and more powerful forces are emerging and demanding restructuring so the incoming administration of Tinubu must address the demands if it wants to succeed.
Speaking during an interview on Roadmap 2023, a Channels Television’s programme, Prof. Soyinka said: “Whomever it is must understand that the people of this country will not cease demanding a restructuring of this nation.
“New voices are being heard and they are more powerful than before. They are not just whining voices, they are voices based on actualities. We have failed in so many directions and they are saying, ‘let us try in this direction’ and you cannot ignore it.
“Otherwise, even your economic policies will fail, your infrastructure and transformation will fail. We will just go back threading the same old spur.”
- Meet Folashodun Shonubi, the CBN’s New Acting Governor
- BREAKING: Emefiele Arrested By DSS For Questioning And Investigations After Suspension
- JUST IN: President Tinubu Suspends Emefiele, Directs Investigation Into Naira Redesign
- New Cats: B-Red Reveals How Burnaboy Chased After Davido’s Car In Port Harcourt
- President Tinubu, Traditional Rulers Meet, Discuss National Issues (Photos)
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter