Amazon, an American e-commerce giant, has started recruiting employees for its soon-to-be-opened Nigerian branch.
According to Peoples Gazette, Amazon in its advertisement on LinkedIn, enlisted vacancies for enterprise account managers, start-up segment leader, senior partners sales manager, among others.
Reports have it last week that the American e-commerce company will begin operations in Nigeria in 2023 as part of its plans to expand to five more African, South American, and European countries.
HotNewsInNaija also gathered that the e-commerce company will create a marketplace in all five countries, with access to Amazon’s fulfillment service called Fulfillment by Amazon.
Already operating in 20 countries, the development will see the e-commerce giant kick start operations in Belgium, Chile, Colombia, Nigeria, and South Africa in April 2023.
The entry of Amazon into Nigeria’s e-commerce space will further intensify competition in the sector dominated by Jumia, Konga, and Jiji, among others.
Despite being present in 20 countries with robust economies, Amazon’s presence in developing markets like South America and Africa has been relatively poor.
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi