French Goalkeeper and Tottenham Hotspur goalkeeper, Hugo Lloris announced has decided to hang his boots with the national team.
The spurs Goalkeeper who was part of the French team that won the 2018 World Cup announced this on Monday, January 9th, 2023, in an interview with L’eqiuppe, a sports outlet that is based in France.
Speaking during the interview, Lloris disclosed it is the yet time to call it quit with the French nation team and suggested that another Mike Maignan is fully ready and capable to succeed him.
In his words:
“There comes a time when you have to know how to pass the hand. I don’t want to make it my own, I’ve always said and repeated that the France team doesn’t belong to anyone, and we all have to make sure that’s the case, me first. I think that behind, the team is ready to continue, there is also a goalkeeper who is ready (Mike Maignan).”
He is now focused on his club career with Tottenham as they look to finish in the top four. He joined the London club in 2012.
Lloris was part of the French team for more than 14 years, he made his debut on November 19, 2008, during a friendly against Uruguay at the Stade de France.
- Yorubas Can’t Be Called Rascals, They Understand & Manage Diversity Very Well – Reno Omokri Replies Iwuanyanwu
- Pandora Papers: Law Firm Writes CCB, Demands Prosecution of Peter Obi
- BREAKING: INEC Fixes April 15 for Supplementary Polls in Adamawa, Kebbi
- Gbadebo Is Proud & Self-Centered, He Would Have Set Lagos Backwards By 10yrs If He Had Won – Former LP Chairman
- Tinubu Wants El-Rufai in His Cabinet As His SGF – APC NWC Member Says
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter