APC in Borno state has selected state Attorney General, Kaka Shehu Lawan as the party’s candidate for the Borno Central Senatorial seat to replace Sen Kashim Shettima who is now the vice presidential candidate of the party.
The Former Commissioner of Justice scored 459 votes out of 480 valid votes in the party’s senatorial primaries.
“Having satisfied the provisions of the electoral law, by the authority vested on me by the National Chairman of our great, I declared that Bar Kaka Shehu Lawan, former Attorney General, has been validly elected as the APC candidate for Borno Central Senatorial seat,” the Party’s returning officer and former deputy governor of Taraba State, Alhaji Uba Magari said.
In his acceptance speech, Kaka Lawan thanked the state governor and delegates for choosing him. He urged the delegates to mobilize eligible voters for the ongoing Permanent Voters Registration exercise.
He assured of quality representation at the Senate even as he asked the people to always pray for their leaders.State Governor, Babagana Zulum also hailed Lawan’s emergence adding that it was a ‘divine’ occurrence.
- BBNaijaS7: My Body Is A Temple, We Only Had Aggressive Kissing Under The Duvet Not S3x – Khalid
- Electricity Workers Call Off Strike, Agree To Restore Power
- Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Shettima Has Built More Churches In Borno State Than Any Other Governor – Fani-Kayode
- Troops Rescue 6 Kidnapped Victims In A Gun Battle With Terrorist In Kaduna
- Details of Tinubu’s Meeting with Obasanjo Emerge