Governor of Kwara State, Abdulrahman AbdulRazaq has emerged as the Chairman Of the Nigeria Governor’s Forum (NGF).
The Oyo state governor, Seyi Makinde, has been named the vice chairman of the governors’ forum.
He emerged by consensus at a closed-door meeting of the governors held in Abuja on Tuesday night.
Governor Abdulrahaman succeeds the outgoing Governor of Sokoto State, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, who has been acting as the Chairman of NGF since last year.
This was contained in a statement signed this morning by Gov Tambuwal.
Immediate past Governor of Ekiti State, Dr Kayode Fayemi, was the substantive Chairman of the NGF until his second term in office as governor ended last year.
Tambuwal, who was Fayemi’s deputy was named as the acting Chairman of the Forum.
The NGF is an umbrella body for all the 36 states governors in the country.
- Meet Folashodun Shonubi, the CBN’s New Acting Governor
- BREAKING: Emefiele Arrested By DSS For Questioning And Investigations After Suspension
- JUST IN: President Tinubu Suspends Emefiele, Directs Investigation Into Naira Redesign
- New Cats: B-Red Reveals How Burnaboy Chased After Davido’s Car In Port Harcourt
- President Tinubu, Traditional Rulers Meet, Discuss National Issues (Photos)
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter