Chief Sylvester Nwobu-Alor, a mentor to the Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi is dead.
It was learnt that when Obi was the governor of Anambra State, between 2006 and 2014, Chief Nwobu-Alor assisted him to stabilise parks and markets in the state as the governor’s aide in that sector.
It was learnt that the period was characterised by violence as motor park louts under the guise of the National Association of Road Transport Owners (NARTO), were responsible for carrying out all manner of atrocities in the state.
But Nwobu-Alor was credited for using his political connection and native intelligence to sanitise the system and return peace to the state.
He was feared by hoodlums in the state as some believed he was a witch doctor.
Nwobu-Alor was a Second Republic lawmaker and former Director-General of the Peter Obi Campaign Organisation.
He was a founding member of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Obi’s former party, on whose platform he was governor of Anambra.
A tribute signed by one of his mentees and political sons, Sir Chris Chikwelu (Jr) (Ichele-Agulu), and obtained by Razor News, said, “My political mentor, a philosopher, an institution, a strategist and a purveyor of knowledge- Chief Hon Sylvester Nwobu Alor (Onwa-Agulu, Okaa Omee-Anaocha) has peacefully gone to be with the Lord.
“A two-time member that represented Njikoka South Central in the Old Anambra State House of Assembly.
“You lived a good life, May your soul rest in perfect peace.
- Onoh Tackles Uzor-Kalu, Says Senate Presidency Is Not For Person With Tainted Record
- Electronic Aspects of Election Hold No Waters in Evidence – Appeal Court; Peter Obi and LP Should Note This
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Orders Oyetola, APC To Pay Adeleke N500k for Damages
- JUST IN: Appeal Court Sets Aside Tribunal Judgement, Upholds Adeleke As The Winner Of Osun State July 16 Governorship Election
- I Will Govern Abia State Just Like Peter Obi Did In Anambra State – Abia Gov-Elect Otti
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter