The new law will allow the de-monopolization of the electricity generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity at the national level.
The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, in his quest to rebuild the country today signed the electricity act 2023 into law.
This will give way to the de-monopolization of the electricity generation, transmission, and distribution of electricity at the national level.
According to reports, the new law will also empower states, private companies, as well as individuals to generate, transmit and distribute electricity in Nigeria.
Tinubu was sworn in on the 29th of May as the Nigeria President after his victory at the February 25, 2023, presidential election.
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi