Controversial leader of a Nigerian secessionist movement, Simon Ekpa has issued ‘sit at home’ for Biafrans in Lagos.
The leader of the Eastern Security Network (ESN), disclosed this today in a statement released via his official Twitter handle, @simon_ekpa.
In the statement, Simon emphasized that such ‘sit at home’ is targeted at grounding the economy of Lagos state
The statement reads;
“I have just watched another Igbo Biafra Market in Lagos being burnt down in Balogun lagos today, and i am very sad. Since after the election, igbo Biafrans in Lagos and their Businesses has been attacked and like i have said earlier, we cant sit back and watch. As Biafrans in Lagos will be getting ready to return home with their businesses. To this end, we will activate sit at home for all Biafrans in Lagos.
This sit at home is targeted at crippling the economy of the Lagos state government, who’s body language has suggested to be directly responsible for the attack against Igbos. I therefore call on all Igbo market leaders in Lagos that we are ready to provide securities for all Igbo markets in Lagos pending when the businesses will be moved to Eastern region. We will fortify all your market against attackers. The underground work will start immediately. -ESN”
“It is very important that you know the impact of Igbos sit at home in Lagos. The damage to Lagos state revenue will be immense. We will cut the economy of Lagos in response to the attack against Ndigbo which the state government is directly sponsoring and we will still maintain our income. This will be explained in today’s broadcast.”
See the tweets below:
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu