The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has reacted to the directive of the Federal Government to vice-chancellors to reopen the universities to allow students to go back to classes.
On Monday, the National Universities Commission (NUC) gave an order in a letter approved by Professor Abubakar Rasheed, the Executive Secretary of the commission.
In the letter signed by the Director, Finance and Accounts of the NUC, Sam Onazi, the Commission directed the Vice Chancellors to ensure that lecturers resume class.
The Zonal Coordinator of ASUU in Lagos State, Adelaja Odukoya while reacting to the directives of the FG in a chat with Daily Sun said the move of the Federal Government is to sack lecturers.
According to Odukoya, President Muhammadu Buhari and his praise singers will come and teach in universities.
He further stated that the action or inactions of the federal government will be glaring to students when they return to campuses and hungry lecturers do not have the strength to teach them.
Odukoya noted that the government may import lecturers from Ghana with better pay where a professor earns about 13,000 cedis equivalent to about an N1.5million monthly and is expected to be paid N460,000 in Nigeria.
Speaking on the agenda of the federal government he said, “I wish them the best of luck in their misadventure. Those who fail to learn from history will be bombed by the consequences of their stupidity and indiscretion.”
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi