A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Olisa Agbakoba, has stated that he believes that the National Assembly should look into the specific of what electronic voting is all about, because the Electoral Act does not clearly envisage what the BVAS machine is all about.
According to Olisa Agbakoba, the BVAS machine is not what the National Assembly told Nigerians that it was in the Electoral Act. Olisa Agbakoba disclosed that in the electoral act, the BVAS machine is just a machine that is used simply for accreditation of voters.
Olisa Agbakoba noted that he had to check what the law says about the BVAS and he discovered that the BVAS could not play a major role in determining if there was over-voting or any form of malpractice in an election.
He explained that the decision of the Osun State Court of Appeal which refused to accept the argument of Oyetola that the BVAS is the magic machine that determines over-voting, points to the fact that the ballot papers still plays an important.
- Meet Folashodun Shonubi, the CBN’s New Acting Governor
- BREAKING: Emefiele Arrested By DSS For Questioning And Investigations After Suspension
- JUST IN: President Tinubu Suspends Emefiele, Directs Investigation Into Naira Redesign
- New Cats: B-Red Reveals How Burnaboy Chased After Davido’s Car In Port Harcourt
- President Tinubu, Traditional Rulers Meet, Discuss National Issues (Photos)
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter