The Central Bank of Nigeria has debunked ordering banks to resume the collection of old 500 and 1000 Naira notes.
This was disclosed today in a statement released by the CBN via its official social media platforms, noting that based on the order issued by President Muhammadu Buhari, banks are only allowed to collect old 200 naira notes.
Earlier reports suggest that the CBN has ordered banks to resume the collection of old 500 and 1000 naira notes, however, the Nigerian apex monetary authority has come out to debunk the claim in a newly released statement via its official Twitter handle.
The statement reads:
- Yorubas Can’t Be Called Rascals, They Understand & Manage Diversity Very Well – Reno Omokri Replies Iwuanyanwu
- Pandora Papers: Law Firm Writes CCB, Demands Prosecution of Peter Obi
- BREAKING: INEC Fixes April 15 for Supplementary Polls in Adamawa, Kebbi
- Gbadebo Is Proud & Self-Centered, He Would Have Set Lagos Backwards By 10yrs If He Had Won – Former LP Chairman
- Tinubu Wants El-Rufai in His Cabinet As His SGF – APC NWC Member Says
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter