A Chinese construction company, Habour Engineering, has reportedly completed the construction of the Leeki Deep Sea Port.
According to reports, the company handed over to the Lagos State government on Mondy, October 31, 2022, the Port which is regarded as the deepest in West Africa.
It was also gathered that the port is capable of employing about 200,000 people and generating $361 billion in revenue for Nigeria.
The China Habour Engineering LFTZ Enterprises has announced the completion of the Lekki Deep Sea Port construction. The $1.5 billion Lekki Port is one of the deepest ports in West Africa and is expected to generate about $361 billion in revenue for the Nigerian government and also provide 200,000 jobs for the nation.
The company’s Vice President, Wu Di, who also acts as the Director of the Lekki port at the company, said at the handover ceremony that the construction of the Port officially began on June 15, 2020, and was completed on Monday, October 24, 2022.
HotNewsInNaija reports that the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, assured that the state government was working to provide enough ambience for transportation infrastructure in the State and that works are ongoing at the Ibeju-Lekki port area to avoid congestion.
Wu Di stated that the EPC’s entire contract value for the project’s first phase was $581 million. Di revealed that the completion of the Port would make way for the container terminal operator, the Lekkin Free Port Terminal, to take over the Port for operations.
- Yorubas Can’t Be Called Rascals, They Understand & Manage Diversity Very Well – Reno Omokri Replies Iwuanyanwu
- Pandora Papers: Law Firm Writes CCB, Demands Prosecution of Peter Obi
- BREAKING: INEC Fixes April 15 for Supplementary Polls in Adamawa, Kebbi
- Gbadebo Is Proud & Self-Centered, He Would Have Set Lagos Backwards By 10yrs If He Had Won – Former LP Chairman
- Tinubu Wants El-Rufai in His Cabinet As His SGF – APC NWC Member Says
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter