Barcelona Coach, Xavi Hernandez has said Real Madrid remained the favourite to advance to the Copa del Rey final despite losing 1-0 to his side at the Santiago Bernabeu in the first leg of the semi-final of the competition.
The Spaniard, in the post-match interview, said even though his side had an advantage over the Los Blancos in the first leg, they still have to work very hard to secure their place in the final, but for now, he sees Real Madrid as the favourite.
In his words:
“We have an advantage for the second leg, but we still have to compete very well. I think Real Madrid are very strong, and I still see them as the favourites.”
“The attitude was great and we fought until the very end, which is positive.”
Before the game, the coach insisted that Real Madrid were the favourites as they are the current Spanish and European champions.
The second leg of the Copa del Rey semifinal will be played at Camp Nou on April 5. Going into that match with a defeatist mentality is surely not the best thing to do but perhaps that’s Xavi’s way of motivating his players.
- Onoh Tackles Uzor-Kalu, Says Senate Presidency Is Not For Person With Tainted Record
- Electronic Aspects of Election Hold No Waters in Evidence – Appeal Court; Peter Obi and LP Should Note This
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Orders Oyetola, APC To Pay Adeleke N500k for Damages
- JUST IN: Appeal Court Sets Aside Tribunal Judgement, Upholds Adeleke As The Winner Of Osun State July 16 Governorship Election
- I Will Govern Abia State Just Like Peter Obi Did In Anambra State – Abia Gov-Elect Otti
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter