Popular Nigerian investigative journalist, David Hundeyin’s Twitter account has been restricted for posting personal and spreading false information about Nigeria’s President-elect, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu on Saturday.
According reports, Hundeyin’s account was locked days after alleging that Tinubu had dual citizenship in Nigeria and Guinea.
Hundeyin, a popular supporter of the presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, claimed that the country’s president-elect may have committed perjury.
Confirming the suspension of his Twitter account, Hundeyin wrote on his Blog that his account has been reported for “posting private information” and is temporarily locked.”
“You may not publish or post other people’s private information without their express authorization and permission. We also prohibit threatening to expose private information or incentivizing others to do so”, Twitter’s Private information and media policy stated.
Meanwhile, Nigeria’s Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, defending Tinubu, said Nigeria’s constitution allows you to have dual citizenship, dismissing Hundeyin’s claim.
During a Channels Television program, Sunday Politics, Fashola said, “The last time I checked, I think the Nigerian constitution allows you to have dual citizenship, doesn’t it?
“What does his citizenship have to do with the results of the election?” He asked.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu