The Government of Delta State has reportedly been compensated with a cheque of 2 million Naira, a brave tanker driver, Ejiro Otarigho, for his display of heroism and humanity.
Mr Otarigho, who, last Sunday, drove a burning tanker away to a safe place where it exploded into an inferno in the state, was also presented with a plague as well as, a letter of commendation.
The State Governor, Ifeanyi Okowa, represented by Chief Patrick Ukah, the Secretary to the State Government, made the presentation to Otarigho in Asaba on Thursday.
While making the presentation, Mr Patrick said:
“We commended him for the rare display of patriotism, humanity, bravery and heroism, the incident would have resulted in the death of many persons and destruction of property at Agbarho in Ughelli North Local Government Area where the fire started.
“Mr Otarigho has become the new face of Delta and Youth Ambassador for his display of heroism, the state government will continue to celebrate him.”
The Governor explained that what he did could not be translated to money but he should understand that he was appreciated by people for the action, saying the best he could do at that moment was save lives and property.
He said being appreciated by people coupled with other accolades for his action showed that doing good for the public would not be in vain and thanked all for appreciating him.
Mr Otarigho’s story continues inspiring people as he’s being referred to as “Super Hero” for his patriotism and heroism.
- VIDEO: Everything Keyamo Said When Asked If Tinubu Attended Primary And Secondary School
- See The Ridiculous Reason Kizz Daniel Refused To Perform At Tanzanian Concert, By Promoter
- Dino Melaye Bursted As The Possible Brain Behind Cultist Procession Against Bola Tinubu
- “Let The Poor Angry Bird Go Home And Rest” – Reactions After BBNaija’s Beauty Got Disqualified
- “I Dumped Burna Boy Because He Couldn’t Satisfy Me In Bed” – Stefflon Don