Abdulaziz Yar’Adua of the All Progressives Congress has been declared as the winner of the Katsina Central senatorial election by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).
According to the News Agency of Nigeria, Yar’adua is a retired Lieutenant Colonel and a younger brother to the late President, Alhaji Umaru Yar’adua.
The Returning Officer for the Katsina Central Senatorial district election, Prof. Aminu Dalhatu-Kankia, made the announcement after the collation of the results on Sunday in Katsina.
According to him, following the election held on February 25, 2022, Yar’adua of the APC scored 153,512 votes against Aminu Sirajo of the PDP, who scored 152,140 votes.
Dalhatu-Kankia added that Gambo Abubakar of the New Nigeria People’s Party garnered 16,005, while Aminu Gide of the Peoples Redemption Party got 781 votes.
“That Abdulaziz Yar’adua of APC, having satisfied the requirements of the law, is hereby declared the winner and is returned elected,” the REC declared.
- ‘I’m The One Who Wrote A Petition Against Portable’ – Manny Monie
- FG Bans Anti-inauguration Protests Nationwide
- Pastor Eneche And Ibiyeome Are Calling People To Go And Protest, Will They Stand In Front? – Asari Dokubo
- Female Firefighter Cries Out, Begs Male Admirers To Stop Calling Emergency Room To Request For Her Number (Photos)
- It’s Turn Of South-South To Produce Senate President – Afegbua
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter