Socio-political activist, Deji Adeyanju has criticised Nigerian President, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu for appointing Folashodun Adebisi Shonubi as the acting Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN).
President Tinubu, following the suspension of Godwin Emefiele as the CBN governor, had appointed Shonubi as the acting boss of the Nigerian apex bank.
However, Adeyanju, in a statement released via his official Facebook page, said it is disappointing to see President Tinubu appointing Shonubi who is a mechanical engineer as the acting CBN governor. He added that Shonubi’s appointment may lead to Nigeria’s failure.
In his post, Adeyanju wrote: “While I commend President Bola Tinubu for suspending Emefiele, I am highly disappointed that he has appointed Shonubi, a mechanical engineer as Acting Governor of the Apex bank.
“Kenya just appointed an Economist with PhD. as its CBN Gov. Turkey has also recently done the same.
“While we are still saying the FG must stop appointing bankers as CBN Governor because they know nothing about fiscal policies or how to run an economy, the new president goes to appoint a mechanical engineer as Acting CBN Governor. This is why nations fail.”
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi