A former Kano State Governor and current Senator representing Kano Central Senatorial district, Ibrahim Shekarau, has dumped the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) over allegations of injustice by the incumbent, Umar Ganduje.
This was made known by on Wednesday by the Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, noting that the senator has resigned his membership from the ruling APC to join the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP).
Mr. Shekarau’s letter of defection reads partly:
“I am defecting from the APC to my new party, the New Nigeria Peoples Party as a result of unfairness, injustice by Kano State governor, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje.
“For the past two years there has been unresolved crisis in the Kano State chapter of the All Progressives Congress, hence, I have resigned my membership.
After the announcement, Senate President directed the Chief Whip to lead Shakarau to the opposition row in the red chamber.
- BBNaijaS7: My Body Is A Temple, We Only Had Aggressive Kissing Under The Duvet Not S3x – Khalid
- Electricity Workers Call Off Strike, Agree To Restore Power
- Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Shettima Has Built More Churches In Borno State Than Any Other Governor – Fani-Kayode
- Troops Rescue 6 Kidnapped Victims In A Gun Battle With Terrorist In Kaduna
- Details of Tinubu’s Meeting with Obasanjo Emerge