Beatrice Itubo, the Chairperson of the Rivers State Nigerian Labour Congress, NLC, has descended on Gov. Wike over his recent presidential declarations, saying the governor has no moral justification for trying to become the president of Nigeria as the Rivers state under his watch is presently enmeshed in the controversy of non payment of pensions and gratuities, and non promotion of staffs.
Speaking with Rythm 93.7 Portharcourt, Itubo said that since charity begins at home, Rivers state governor, Nyesome Wike, needs to settle all the entitlements acrued to the civil servants of Rivers state under his watch, ensuring regular promotion of deserving staff and employing new people in vacant positions, before rushing to declare his intention to rule the entire country from Abuja. She noted that without him attending to all the prevailing issues, she can never take the presidential aspiration of the Rivers state governor any serious and won’t even support him a bit.
The NLC chairperson admitted that she does not have the power to decide whether or not the presidential aspiration of Wike would enjoy the goodwill of his party’s heirachy, but all she is sure about is that whoever will be trusted with the vast responsibilty of piloting the affairs of a nation must have a good record at home.
She bemoans poor treatment of civil servants in the state and how new people were not employed even though many offices are empty. She also frowned at the non-payment of retirees’ pensions and gratuities, noting that if Wike refuses to deal with all the messes at home, entrusting him with a larger responsibilty of the whole nation may spell doom for the larger civil servants of the nation.
Watch the video below:
- VIDEO: Everything Keyamo Said When Asked If Tinubu Attended Primary And Secondary School
- See The Ridiculous Reason Kizz Daniel Refused To Perform At Tanzanian Concert, By Promoter
- Dino Melaye Bursted As The Possible Brain Behind Cultist Procession Against Bola Tinubu
- “Let The Poor Angry Bird Go Home And Rest” – Reactions After BBNaija’s Beauty Got Disqualified
- “I Dumped Burna Boy Because He Couldn’t Satisfy Me In Bed” – Stefflon Don