The Independent National Electoral Commission on Wednesday presented the certificate of return to Osun State Governor-elect, Senator Ademola Adeleke.
This is coming barely 24 hours after Nigerian Afrobeat star, Davido called out the electoral body for being reluctant to issue the certificate to his uncle after he has won the Osun governorship election.
The certificate presentation to Adeleke by the INEC National Commissioner, Supervising Osun, Ogun and Oyo states, Prof. Kunle Ajayi, was preceded by the presentation to the deputy governor-elect, Prince Kola Adewusi.
The presentation came about 72 hours after Adeleke was declared the winner of the Saturday, July 16 poll, garnering 403, 371 votes to defeat Mr Adegboyega Oyetola of the All Progressives Congress, who polled 375, 027 votes.
In his acceptance speech after receiving the certificate at a brief ceremony held at Osun INEC head office in Osogbo, Adeleke dedicated his victory at the poll to the memory of his late elder brother, Senator Isiaka Adeleke and the people of Osun state.
- PHOTOS: Obi-Dent Rally Turned Violent In Uyo As Tribal War Ensued Between Igbo And Ibibio People
- PDP Crisis: Governor Ortom Debunks Claims He’s Now With Ayu, Reiterates His Support for Wike
- DJ Cuppy Graduates From Oxford University
- JUST IN: FG Makes U-turn On ASUU Strike, Withdraws Orders Asking Vice-Chancellors To Reopen Universities
- “Buhari Will Teach In Universities” – ASUU Reacts To FG’s Directives To Vice Chancellors To Reopen Varsities