The former governor of Anambra state, Willie Obiano, has been arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commision at Murtala Muhammee International Airport, Lagos.
The arrest came barely six hours after he handed over the affairs od Ananmbra state to a new governor, Charles Soludo.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Thursday night intercepted Willie Obiano on his way to Texas, USA and got him arrested ar around 8:30pm
Earlier today, Obiano’s wife, Osodieme Ebelechukwu, was in the news for having a public fight with Bianca Ojukwu, wife of former Biafran warlord, Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu.
The reason for his arrest tonight still remains sketchy as at the time of filing this report, but it may not be unconnected with the fact that Obiano has been on EFCC’s radar for a while over allegations of fraud, financial misappropriation and embezzlement.
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi