The former governor of Anambra state, Willie Obiano, has been arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commision at Murtala Muhammee International Airport, Lagos.
The arrest came barely six hours after he handed over the affairs od Ananmbra state to a new governor, Charles Soludo.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on Thursday night intercepted Willie Obiano on his way to Texas, USA and got him arrested ar around 8:30pm
Earlier today, Obiano’s wife, Osodieme Ebelechukwu, was in the news for having a public fight with Bianca Ojukwu, wife of former Biafran warlord, Dim Odumegwu Ojukwu.
The reason for his arrest tonight still remains sketchy as at the time of filing this report, but it may not be unconnected with the fact that Obiano has been on EFCC’s radar for a while over allegations of fraud, financial misappropriation and embezzlement.
- BBNaijaS7: My Body Is A Temple, We Only Had Aggressive Kissing Under The Duvet Not S3x – Khalid
- Electricity Workers Call Off Strike, Agree To Restore Power
- Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Shettima Has Built More Churches In Borno State Than Any Other Governor – Fani-Kayode
- Troops Rescue 6 Kidnapped Victims In A Gun Battle With Terrorist In Kaduna
- Details of Tinubu’s Meeting with Obasanjo Emerge