Tinubu has said that his political career is funded by money he made from the sale of two of his fuel station
The Presidential candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu explained that he had two gas stations in London which were being run by his wife at the time.
According to the APC 2023 presidential flagbearer, the funds realised from the sale of his gas station business were used to fund the struggles of the defunct National Democratic Coalition (NADECO).
The former Governor of Lagos state has revealed the source of his wealth, following the demands by many Nigerians across the globe.
Tinubu while speaking at a book launch by the National Association of Political Correspondents (NAPOC) in Abuja said that he had two gas stations in London.
The book titled, “Nigeria’s Aborted Third Republic and June 12 debacle” was unveiled by Olusegun Runsewe. Tinubu said he sold two of his filling stations to fund his political career.
According to the former governor of Lagos state, his wife Remi was responsible for managing the station which he later sold to fund the defunct National Democratic Coalition (NADECO).
His words: “I had two filling stations in London, which my wife was managing. I sold the two to fund activities of the defunct National Democratic Coalition (NADECO).”
Tinubu’s revelation on the source of his wealth comes on the heels of speculations that the former governor might have been involved in some corrupt activities earlier before coming to the limelight as a politician.
Speaking further, Tinubu also said that he funded NADECO alongside Alfred Rewane even though he had always been focused on investing in various businesses before his venture into politics.
- Onoh Tackles Uzor-Kalu, Says Senate Presidency Is Not For Person With Tainted Record
- Electronic Aspects of Election Hold No Waters in Evidence – Appeal Court; Peter Obi and LP Should Note This
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Orders Oyetola, APC To Pay Adeleke N500k for Damages
- JUST IN: Appeal Court Sets Aside Tribunal Judgement, Upholds Adeleke As The Winner Of Osun State July 16 Governorship Election
- I Will Govern Abia State Just Like Peter Obi Did In Anambra State – Abia Gov-Elect Otti
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter