The past endsars protest was a delicate page in the nation’s history that noone ever wants a revisit. It was a youth movement that many feared could have led to a revolution. The youths were determined; they came all out with full force to send a powerful message to the political class that when they are pushed to the wall, they truly can bite.
Lagos state was the worst hit. It got to a point, especially after Lekki Toll gate invasion by the Army, that the whole thing went completely awry. Public and private properties were being destroyed in retaliation; but only a selected political figure was the target, and that was Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
Although an APC stalwart, Tinubu, at that time, was not holding any political office. He didn’t command the Army nor the Nigerian Police, yet the youths vented their anger solely on him. Some of his properties were destroyed even as they kept hirling verbal missiles at him.
Then came a moment when Tinubu’s mobile number found its way into public space. Visibly angry youths started calling him to vent their anger; ridiculously cursing and also hurling abuses at him.
They were young, so young that he is old enough to be their father; still they talked to him on phone as if they are his contemporaries. They blamed him for everything that were, at that material time, beyond his direct control. Nonetheless, the great leader was not upset, held on to their calls, and, at each moment, only tried to explain things to them.
That was uncommon restraints and rare leadership displayed by Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu at the heat of Endsars protest.
Watch the video here:
Most political leaders of today will not stay on call to listen to people that way. Unlike Bola, most of them would tell the agitating youths off and end the call rightaway. But Tinubu never did that. He instead took his time to listen to them and appeal for calm, while telling them he didn’t control the Army.
This shows the kind of personality Tinubu is. He has got listening ears and he is accountable to the people. A leader like Tinubu is very rare in the present day Nigeria.
A RARE leader remains relational, doesn’t focus on the problem, but rather keeps their relationships bigger than their problems. In the face of provocation, he acts like himself and has a consistency of character. And that is exactly what Tinubu is.
If Nigerians need a President that listens to the yearnings of the people, Tinubu is the one. He has all it takes to provide the kind of leadership that Nigeria has been lacking in a long time.
- Is Tinubu Our Problem? By Fatai Alimi
- THE ALMIGHTY NDIGBO AND TINUBU’S PRESIDENTIAL BID. By Fatai Alimi
- Tinubu And The Haters By Fatai Alimi
- 2023 Presidency: Tinubu May Be A Prayer Answered
- Analyzing Tinubu’s videos and Exposing Sahara Reporters’ Lies and Pettiness
- Of Sahara Reporters’ Misinformation and Sowore’s Madness
- BBNaijaS7: My Body Is A Temple, We Only Had Aggressive Kissing Under The Duvet Not S3x – Khalid
- Electricity Workers Call Off Strike, Agree To Restore Power
- Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Shettima Has Built More Churches In Borno State Than Any Other Governor – Fani-Kayode
- Troops Rescue 6 Kidnapped Victims In A Gun Battle With Terrorist In Kaduna
- Details of Tinubu’s Meeting with Obasanjo Emerge