Oba of Lagos, Riliwan Akiolu has reportedly stated that he cannot possibly hate the Igbo people because some of his closest friends are Igbo as well, but he does not want the Igbos to continue to claim that Lagos is a no-man’s land because it is untrue.
Oba Akiolu stressed that the phrase “Lagos is a no man’s land” should not be mentioned when Labour Party governorship candidate Gbadebo Rhodes-Vivour visited the Iga-Iduganran palace to announce his intentions. He added that there shouldn’t be any justification for a dispute between Igbos and Yorubas regarding who owns Lagos state.
He said, “I can’t hate Igbo people, but I don’t want Igbos to say Lagos is a no man’s land again. By the grace of God, there is no reason we should quarrel with ourselves. The people should come out en-masse and be very peaceful while performing their constitutional duties”.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu