Labour Party Chieftain, Professor Pat Utomi has come out to speak on the presidential candidate of the party, Peter Obi’s alleged leaked phone call with Bishop David Oyedepo where he reportedly begged the man of God to help him canvass for support from the Christian community in the Southwest.
Speaking in an interview on AIT program, Kaakaki this morning, Professor Utomi said the phone call is not a big deal even if it’s common knowledge that some parts of the video were doctored.
In his own words:
“I don’t see what there is in this thing. You know, in Nigerian politics, I know the people behind this leaked call, they are my friends and they are masters of inventing something to take people’s attention away from the real issues. Every politician cannot assume complete, total authenticity of that video, every politician appeals to every sentiments of a religious nature to religious leaders. There nobody who has ran for president, even Muslim leaders that has not gone to Oyedepo for support, so how this is a peculiar case, I don’t understand. These are government agents, security agencies in our country are being used to prevent our country from making progress. A time of judgement will come for everyone, eventually.”
- Gov. Soludo Discloses Why He Was Asked To Leave His Seat At President Tinubu’s Inauguration
- Nigerian Man Acquires New N2m Elon Musk’s Robotic Wife (Photos)
- JUST IN: President Tinubu Orders The DSS To Vacate EFCC Lagos Office With Immediate Effect
- JUST IN: Court Sentences Adedoyin to Death By Hanging for OAU Student’s Murder
- WPO Nigeria sets to inaugurate peace advisers, says its needed now that Nigeria tracks on unity
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter