Former Osun State Governor and Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola has debunked the news circulating that he mocked the incumbent Governor, Gboyega Oyetola after losing to Peoples Democratic Party’s Governorship Candidate in the Saturday’s election.
According to earlier reports, there was a message that interpreted as a direct mockery of the All Progressive Congress candidate posted via his official verified social media pages.
However, the minister has taken to his social media pages again to debunk the news and noted that the previous one was unauthorized message and was deleted.
Aregbesola, therefore, urged people to ignore the message because it was not directly from him.
The statement reads:
IGNORE UNAUTHORIZED MESSAGE POSTED ON OGBENI AREGBESOLA’S SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES
It has come to the attention of the media office of the Minister of Interior, Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola, that an unauthorized message was posted on his Verified Twitter and Facebook Pages at about 8:00am on Sunday 17th July, 2022.The unauthorized messages have now been deleted. Members of the public, especially the media, are advised to ignore!
Media Adviser to the Minister of Interior
Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola
Governor elect, Ademola Adeleke defeated the incumbent governor, Oyetola in the last saturday’s Osun state governorship election after winning in 17 Local Government Areas out 30 in the state, while the ruling APC candidate won in the remaining 13.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu