There were reports of sporadic shootings in Ado-Ekiti, the Ekiti State capital, Sunday morning, as yet-to-be-identified hoodlums took positions at major flag points in the town.
Residents, as well as commuters scampered to safety as the shootings lasted.
The cause of the gun battle could not be immediately ascertained as it could be the spill over of Saturday’s fracas between supporters of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and rival Social Democratic Party (SDP).
Many Church worshippers stayed indoors while many others who set out early enough turned back in order not to be caught in the melee.
As the time of filling this report, major streets were deserted while only few commercial motorcyclists plied the road.
Recall that two persons were feared killed in the Saturday fight between rival political parties at Itaji-Ekiti.
There had been accusations and counter accusations on the matter while Police and government are yet to make official statement on the dangerous political development.
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi