A party official has been reportedly shot dead in Ogoja, the northern part of Cross River State.
He was allegedly shot dead close to a polling unit in the area.
Irene Ugbo, Police Public Relations Officer in Cross River, confirmed the incident when she featured on a radio programme.
She said the soldiers were supposed to stay distance away from polling units.
An eye witness account said the deceased whose name was simply given as Joe was a popular bike rider in Calabar, the state capital.
He had reportedly travelled to his hometown for the election.
The incident has already disrupted the voting process in the area.
Many voters may be stranded as a result of the situation.
Some INEC accredited journalist and persons involved in the conduct of the elections were made to park their vehicles and trek long distances.
- Onoh Tackles Uzor-Kalu, Says Senate Presidency Is Not For Person With Tainted Record
- Electronic Aspects of Election Hold No Waters in Evidence – Appeal Court; Peter Obi and LP Should Note This
- BREAKING: Appeal Court Orders Oyetola, APC To Pay Adeleke N500k for Damages
- JUST IN: Appeal Court Sets Aside Tribunal Judgement, Upholds Adeleke As The Winner Of Osun State July 16 Governorship Election
- I Will Govern Abia State Just Like Peter Obi Did In Anambra State – Abia Gov-Elect Otti
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter