Nigerian President, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu has suspended Godwin Emefiele as the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) governor.
This was made known today in a statement released by the Director of Information, Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation.
In the statement, Godwin Emefele was ordered to handover the affairs of his office to the Deputy Governor (Operation Directorate) who will act as the CBN Governor pending the conclusion of the investigation and the reforms.
President Tinubu also direct investigation into infamous Naira Resign.
The statement reads:
“President Bola Ahmed Tinubu has suspended the Central Bank Governor, Mr Godwin Emefiele, CFR, from office with immediate effect.”
“This is sequel to the ongoing investigation of his office and the planned reforms in the financial sector of the economy.
“Mr Emefiele has been directed to immediately hand over the affairs of his office to the Deputy Governor (Operations Directorate), who will act as the Central Bank Governor pending the conclusion of the investigation and the reforms.”
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi