The supreme court of Kenya that is sitting at the ultra modern Milimani law courts is currently holding a pre hearing conference with all the parties in the presidential election petitions that are seeking to overturn the declaration of Dr William Ruto as president elect.
In the event that is currently underway, the Supreme court has made an order directing for a votes recounts for presidential candidates in at least 15 polling stations countrywide. The Martha Koome led bench ordered that the exercise be held within the next 48 hours.
“Ballot boxes for 15 polling stations to be opened for inspection and recount, Supreme Court orders exercise to be conducted within 48 hours,” Citizen TV reported.
The order comes at a time when the various parties in the petition are making brief submissions on the modalities of the case. Already, the Court has framed the 9 main issues that the case will be revolving around.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu