If the flier flying round the social media is anything to go by, October 1st may be a day that Lagos state will explode again as Obi, Tinubu’s supporters are planning rival rallies that pitch them against each other.
The two fliers sighted by NEWSINNAIJA raise concern as to how such rallies by rival political supporters would hold without resulting in violence and break down of laws and order. What is more of concern is the fact that the two rallies were fixed for the same time which is 9:00 am.
While Tinubu’s supporters dubbed their proposed rally “Lekki Toll Gate Convergence for Tinubu/Shettima”, Obi’s supporters dubbed their own rally “Endsars Memorial Convergence raising the question of why a rally for Peter Obi should be dragged into the memorial of the Endsars protest as if Obi himself is the brain behind the infamous rally where Lagos was nearly raised to the dust.
For such rallies to hold without violence, security operatives should be on high alert to exert restraints from all parties.
See The Fliers Below:
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu