The management of Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH), Ogbomoso, has called off its union’s six months old strike.
The institution announced this today August 16 in a circular titled: “Release to Staff and Students: Continuation of the First Semester of the 2021/2022 Academic Session”, and signed by the Registrar of the University, Dr. Kayode Ogunleye. The institution also announced the date for the commencement of academic activities for the 2021/2022 academic session which will be on Thursday, August 18, 2022.
The statement partly reads;
“Upon the directive of the Visitor to the university, the management, hereby, informs all staff and students that the university will continue its academic activities for the first semester of the 2021/2022 academic session on Thursday, August 18, 2022”.
While urging staff and students to abide by the directive, the statement further assured them that the amended academic calendar for the semester will soon be made available.
“On behalf of the Acting Vice Chancellor, Prof. M. 0. Liasu, I welcome all students back to the campus and wish them a crisis-free semester”, the statement added.
The management of the institution had earlier announced May 26, 2022, as the official resumption of academic activities some weeks ago. However, members of the Academic Staff Union of Universities ASUU in the school which had been on strike for the past six months, refused to resume academic activities despite the school management’s order.
- Yorubas Can’t Be Called Rascals, They Understand & Manage Diversity Very Well – Reno Omokri Replies Iwuanyanwu
- Pandora Papers: Law Firm Writes CCB, Demands Prosecution of Peter Obi
- BREAKING: INEC Fixes April 15 for Supplementary Polls in Adamawa, Kebbi
- Gbadebo Is Proud & Self-Centered, He Would Have Set Lagos Backwards By 10yrs If He Had Won – Former LP Chairman
- Tinubu Wants El-Rufai in His Cabinet As His SGF – APC NWC Member Says
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter