A political activist, Dr. Mahdi Shehu has claimed that the cabinet portfolios granted by the Nigerian President, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, to the South East were leftovers that are not altogether as big as only the Nigerian Airport Authority.
Dr Mahdi said this on Friday, in an interview with Arise TV, stating that such a treatment by the President will do no good but convince the region to reconsider voting for their own, Peter Obi, in the next elections.
He added that President Bola Tinubu essentially gave the South East crumbs in terms of ministerial appointments.
In his words;
”You travel to the South East, and what you have there is akin to what you have in Matthew Chapter 15:26–28″. Which says it is not appropriate to take the children’s bread and feed it to the dogs, and the woman said, ‘Lord, even the dog eats the crumbs that fall from the master table.’
This is how the leftovers were distributed to the Southeast. The Ministries of Work, Women’s Affairs, and Innovation and Technology When these ministries are combined, they are not up to the Nigerian airport authority. In other words, they’re encouraging the South East to reconsider Peter Obi next time.”
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu