The 60-man legal team of the Labour Party and Peter Obi, its presidential candidate for the 2023 election, on Monday, met with officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Abuja.
The meeting with INEC officials which is being held at the Commission’s national headquarters is to commence the process of inspection of electoral materials used for the disputed February 25 presidential election.
The head of the legal team, Livy Uzoukwu is expected to brief journalists after the meeting.
Recall that the court of appeal granted leave to Obi and the Labour Party to have access to all the sensitive materials used by INEC in the last presidential election.
The former Anambra State governor said he is challenging the process by which INEC got the results that were announced. Bola Ahmed Tinubu of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) was declared the president-elect. And apart from the Labour Party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), is also challenging the outcome of the poll in court.
Meanwhile, INEC Chairman, Professor Mahmoud Yakubu has reiterated that the Nigerian election governing body is ready to release all the materials and documents used during the presidential election for inspection.
Professor Yakubu assured the legal teams of Peter Obi, Tinubu and Atiku today when they met at the commission’s national headquarters.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu