The 60-man legal team of the Labour Party and Peter Obi, its presidential candidate for the 2023 election, on Monday, met with officials of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Abuja.
The meeting with INEC officials which is being held at the Commission’s national headquarters is to commence the process of inspection of electoral materials used for the disputed February 25 presidential election.
The head of the legal team, Livy Uzoukwu is expected to brief journalists after the meeting.
Read Also: JUST IN: INEC Promise to Release Materials and Documents for Inspection
Recall that the court of appeal granted leave to Obi and the Labour Party to have access to all the sensitive materials used by INEC in the last presidential election.
The former Anambra State governor said he is challenging the process by which INEC got the results that were announced. Bola Ahmed Tinubu of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) was declared the president-elect. And apart from the Labour Party, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), is also challenging the outcome of the poll in court.
Meanwhile, INEC Chairman, Professor Mahmoud Yakubu has reiterated that the Nigerian election governing body is ready to release all the materials and documents used during the presidential election for inspection.
Professor Yakubu assured the legal teams of Peter Obi, Tinubu and Atiku today when they met at the commission’s national headquarters.
- ‘I’m The One Who Wrote A Petition Against Portable’ – Manny Monie
- FG Bans Anti-inauguration Protests Nationwide
- Pastor Eneche And Ibiyeome Are Calling People To Go And Protest, Will They Stand In Front? – Asari Dokubo
- Female Firefighter Cries Out, Begs Male Admirers To Stop Calling Emergency Room To Request For Her Number (Photos)
- It’s Turn Of South-South To Produce Senate President – Afegbua
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter