A 49-year-old, Lawrence Itakpe, has confessed to have stabbed her wife, Rebecca multiple times on her chest and neck after they had an argument over sachet water.
HotNewsInNaija.com gathered that the suspect has been arraigned before a Yaba Magistrates’ Court, Lagos State, for allegedly killing his wife at their house in the Ajah area of the state.
According to The Punch Newspaper, Mr Lawrence and his wife had been married for 11 years and they had two kids, and they’ve been living together without any sort of argument or misunderstanding.
However, on this unfortunate day, they both had an argument about sachet water and in the process, the suspect went to their kitchen and brought out a knife in which he used to stab his wife on her chest and neck. One of the neighbours who heard the voice of the wife screaming quickly rushed to their house and knocked at the door, but the suspect refused to open the door for him.
While speaking at the court, the suspect said, “We had a misunderstanding over sachet water and I was angry, then I rushed into the kitchen and returned with a kitchen knife, with which I stabbed my wife multiple times in the chest and neck.
“The police prosecutor, Inspector Haruna Magaji, asked the court to remand the defendant in custody for 30 days pending legal advice from the Directorate of Public Prosecutions. Granting the request, the presiding Chief Magistrate, O.Y. Adefope, adjourned the case till January 31, 2023.
- NBC Fines Channels TV N5 Million Over ‘Inciting Interview’ It Granted Datti Baba-Ahmed
- Commotion As Enugu Governor-Elect, Police, Others Flee During INEC Presentation Of Certificates Of Return Over Loud Bang
- When Tinubu First Heard Peter Obi Won In Lagos, He Told Us “It’s Not A Big Deal, Move On”- Oyalowo
- BREAKING: Singer Portable Arrested By Police After 72-Hour Ultimatum
- Dino Melaye Dragged On Social Media After Failing Simple Arithmetic Over Tinubu’s Age
For More News, Kindly Join Our WhatsApp Group, Follow us on Instagram and Like our Facebook Page. You Can Also Follow Us On Twitter