It is really not the best of time for the newly sworn-in Osun state governor, Ademola Adeleke, as he is now battling for the souls of his mandate at the tribunal.
To many who wish to know why Adeleke seems to be having a bad case at the tribunal, a renowned Legal luminary, Prince Lateef Fagbemi (SAN), has these to say:
“Documents Tendered As Exhibits Include:
(1) The forged West African Examination Council GCE result which he purpotedly sat for in December 1981.
(2) An obviously forged Testimonial purportedly issued by Ede Muslim Grammar School, Osun State of Nigeria in July 1988 at a time Osun State was not in existence. Osun State was only created by law on 27th August, 1991, out of the old Oyo State.
(3) A Letter of Attestation from Ede Muslim High School issued on 22nd May, 2016 but signed by the same principal that signed his purported Testimonial which he collected in 1988! Recall his Testimonial carries Ede Muslim Grammar School.
(4) A forged NECO result purportedly issued in 1981. Remember NECO came into being in 1999!
Before today, the Tribunal had received as exhibits a Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice from Atlanta Metropolitan State College, USA, which Adeleke claimed he obtained within a period of 24 days. It is important to note that BSc degree in Criminal Justice in Atlanta Metropolitan State College is a four-year programme as indicated in the College’s Worksheet and Program Map for the course. How Adeleke obtained within that short time, a degree whose duration is supposed to be four years, is still a mystery.
Counsel for Oyetola, Lateef Fagbemi (SAN), was beaming with joy when he received the documents, having understood that the primary evidence to prove the forgery allegations against Adeleke has been handed to the court.
Contrary was the experience for counsels on the side of Adeleke because when the Tribunal chairman asked the INEC to open their defence, sensing outright defeat, he begged profusely for an adjournment which was granted by the court.
When the court reconvenes on December 20, it is for Adeleke’s team to defend their client’s Oluwole results.
Prince Lateef Fagbemi, SAN,
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu