Leeds United manager, Marcelo Bielsa has reportedly been sacked by the club following a poor run of results since the beginning of the season which left The Whites with just only two points above the relegation zone
The English Premier League club announced this today in a statement released by the club chairman.
Leeds United which were earlier heavily defeated by both Manchester United and Liverpool FC were beaten again 4-0 by Tottenham Hotspur this Saturday in their Premier League tie. Yesterday’s dispiriting defeat has now extended their losing streak to four, which has also seen the Peacocks conceding 17 goals in those four matches.
Even though Bielsa believed he could still turn things around, the defeat by Spurs left the Leeds United board with no option but to fire the 66-year-old Argentine manager.
In the statement:
“Leeds United can today confirm the club have parted company with head coach Marcelo Bielsa.”
Former RB Leipzig manager, Jesse Marsch is said to have been the heavy favourite to take his position as the club intends to announce Bielsa’s successor on Monday.
Andrea Radrizzani, the club Chairman noted that he was forced to sack the manager who promoted them from the England second division League to the Premier League due to the club’s “precarious position” in the League. He said:
“This has been the toughest decision I have had to make during my tenure at Leeds United, taking into account all the success Marcelo has had at the club.
He gives credit to the fact that the sacked manager changed the team playing style and brought a winning mentality into the club, adding that the Peacocks had three incredible campaigns, as well as the good times returned to Elland Road. He added:
“The moments created, particularly in the 2019/20 season and winning promotion to the Premier League, will of course live long in all our memories, myself and the fans included.
He, however, noted that as the chairman, he has to act for sake of the club to avoid being relegated from the Premier League.
Bielsa who took charge of the club in 2018, will be remembered as one of the most important managers in the history of the club.
The former Argentina manager left the club in 16th position, with two points from safety and in real danger of returning to the Championship.
- Russia/Ukraine War: Chelsea FC Owner, Abramovich, Hands Over Club.
- Messi Came 2nd, Ronaldo Came Third As Ranking For the Deadliest Striker of the Century Emerges; See Who the Winner Is!
- FIFA Clears Lookman Ademola To Switch His Nationality And Represent Nigeria.
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi