Abiodun Alabi, the Lagos State commissioner of police, has ordered all area commanders and Divisional Police Officers to tighten up security and ensure visibility in their area of coverage.
The commissioner released this directive following the National Union of Road Transport Workers (NURTW) apex body’s announcement of the indefinite suspension of Musiliu Akinsanya aka MC Oluomo, the Lagos State Chapter’s chairman of the transport union.
MC Oluomo is said to have allegedly engaged in misconduct, insubordination, and inciting members of the state chapter against the National body.
In an interview with Channels Television on Thursday, the State Police Commissioner disclosed that a directive for the deployment and patrol of all motor parks across the country has been released and therefore assured Lagos residents of adequate security of life and property.
MC Oluomo was suspended earlier today, and the police boss said their move was necessary to curb any form of violence that may arise following the development.
The Transport Union also directed MC Oluomo to immediately hand over the mantle of leadership to his deputy chairman and release all property belonging to the body in his possession to State Secretary, in a bid to avoid any leadership vacuum in the state.
However, this was later debunked by the State Chairman’s spokesman, Jimoh Buhari, who claimed that MC Oluomo is yet to receive any notice from the apex body and therefore remains the state chairman of the transport union.
- NURTW National Body Suspends MC Oluomo, Directs Him to Handover to Deputy.
- MC Oluomo Remains Lagos State NURTW Chairman – Buhari
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund
- Judges, Politicians Are Escaping From Nigeria Ahead Of Judgement Day – Pat Utomi