A human right activist and former Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria representing Kaduna Central Senatorial district, Shehu Sani, has thrown a jibe at Nigerians who have been condemning a former Ex-Super Eagles International, Pastor Taribo West, saying if he invites him to pray for the Super Eagles on the upcoming second leg match with Ghana coming up on Tuesday, some of them will still object.
It should be recalled that Pastor Taribo West, a former Super Eagles player, drew the ire of some Nigerians for gracing a novelty match organized in celebration of 70th birthday of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, where he was spotted offering vigorous prayer for the celebrant in a viral video. Some beleive he shouldn’t have associated himself with any politician, and therefore condemned him for supporting and prayed for the politician.
However, as Nigeria is now preparing to host Ghana at the second leg of the world cup qualifiers on Tuesday, Shehu Sanni has now taken a jibe at those who are displeased with Taribo, saying if he nominates him to pray for the Super Eagles team on the upcoming match, some of them will still say no.
In his word: “Nigeria plays Ghana on Tuesday; if I nominate Taribo West to pray for us some of you will say no.”
See below for the tweet:
- Story Of Tafa Balogun: From IGP To A Jail Cell; How It all happened
- Soludo Lauds Tinubu for Giving South-East Juicy Portfolios
- Celebrating A Rare Gem, Adelani Sunday (Dr)
- Nollywood Actress Moyo Lawal Sex Tape Leaked | Watch
- Wike Writes EFCC & ICPC, Tells Them To Invite Former FCT Minister For Questioning Over Alleged Mismanagement of Govt Fund