The Nigerian Police has, on Sunday, disclosed that Nigerian popular Afrobeats singer Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, popularly known as Burna Boy, would be interrogated during the investigation of a shooting which happened at a Lagos club.
According to reports, five policemen attached to the music superstar have been detained by the Lagos State Police Commissioner’s Special Squad on the account of attempted murder after two fun seekers, Irebami Lawrence and another identified simply as Tolu, were shot by them on Wednesday at Club Cubana in Lagos.
Meanwhile, Police Public Relations Officer, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, in a statement released via his official Twitter handle, on Sunday, noted that in order to ensure detailed investigation on the case, Burna Boy would have to be interrogated.
Prince Adejobi said this in a response to a fan who claimed that the incident had nothing to do with the popular Nigerian singer.
The fan, identified as Adeshina said in his tweet;
“This has nothing to do with Burna Boy. The duty of the police guard to Burna Boy is to protect his life. So sir, forget what some Burna haters said about him. Please carry out our investigation with due diligence sir.”
Responding, Adejobi said;
“Exactly what we will do. But there is no way the police would want to have a detailed investigation without interrogating Burna Boy. No way.
“So the level of involvement of everyone in the incident will determine his punishment or otherwise. We should not preempt what the report will reveal.”
- Buhari’s Aide Under Fire For Advising FCT Minister Wike To Do Something To Some Dark Areas In Abuja
- Do You Wanna Watch Hannah Spoilt Y@nsh Video? Click Here
- CBN Disburses $61.64m To Foreign Airlines Through Various DMBs
- Federal Government Bans 18 Foreign Universities Operating In Nigeria, See Why
- Ban Sport Betting, Other Gambling Platforms Now, It Is Destroying Our Economy – Reno Omokri Urges Tinubu