Angry Fans of the Mountain of Fire Ministry (MFM) Football Club have reportedly attacked referees during a match between the Lagos based team and Enugu Ranger at the Teslim Balogun Stadium in Lagos.
In the video, players were seen clustering the referee on the field preventing him from making a decision that warrants a card (either red or yellow).
This happened in the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL).
HotNewsInNaija gathered that the referee tried to move out of the field to prevent being beaten but fans blocked him and other officials.
It can also be seen in the video that security officials tried to stop the fans but the situation could not be controlled until one of the fans punched the referee in the face while officials were also being stoned.
HotNewsInNaija also gathered that some MFM players were given about 12-match suspension for their involvement in the chaos.
Watch The Video Below:
- “After I Agreed To Sleep With Him, He Recorded It And Posted The Video Online,” – 16 Years Old Girl Narrates Her Story
- “Wike Is Not Making Noise, He’s Making News,” Reno Omokri Portrays Rivers Governor As Potential Winner of PDP Presidential Ticket
- Reno Omokri Picks More Competent Presidential Aspirant Tinubu And Osinbajo | Read
- Man City Playmaker De Bruyne Beats Mo Salah To Premier League Player of the Year Award
- BREAKING: Pastor Injured, Houses Burnt, As Crisis Breaks Out In Bauchi Over Alleged Blasphemy