Dr. Chukwuemeka Ezeife, former governor of Anambra State, is optimistic that Mr Peter Obi, the Labour Party presidential candidate in the Last general election, will be in sworn in as president.
The All Progressives Congress presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, was proclaimed the winner of the February 25th election by the Independent National Electoral Commission.
However, in an exclusive interview with Vanguard Newspaper, Ezeife stated that he believes Obi will be the president.
Mr. Peter Obi, he claims, will retrieve his mandate and become president. He stated that if this occurs, Igbo people will not seek special favors for themselves.
In addition, the elder statesman stated that he sees a new Nigeria developing after Obi is sworn in.
Hear him out. “Peter Obi would be sworn in as President, ushering in a new Nigeria.” The Igbo would ask for no favors, no privileges, and nothing unique in that new Nigeria where Peter would be President.” During the interview, the former Anambra state governor was cited by Vanguard Newspaper as saying.
- JUST IN: TCN Shut Down National Grid Over NLC, TUC Strike
- INEC Declares Usman Ododo of the APC Winner of Kogi Governorship Election
- Controversy as Gov Adeleke Appointee Appoints 97 Persons as PA, Special Aides in Osun
- BREAKING: EFCC Secures Arrest Warrant for Alison-Madueke; Begins Extradition Proceedings
- Buhari Brought Nigeria’s Economy Out of Hardship Not Your Husband – Garba Shehu Counters Remi Tinubu