It has been a tragic day in the Ebute Metta area of Lagos State after a three-storey building collapsed and left many occupants to battle for their dear lives.
HotNewsInNaija had earlier reported that the unfortunate incident happened yesterday night, around 9:30pm and the rescue mission had begun courtesy of the Lagos State government.
The owner of the house who inherited the property from his father revealed that he has warned the occupants of the building to quit but they refused.
The man, while speaking with the emergency workers at the scene explained that, even though he owns the building, had to vacate and rented accommodation nearby when it was discovered to be defective.
However, with the two more new dead bodies discovered the death toll has now increased to eight while the rescue mission is still ongoing.
The Nation Newspaper reported that the deceased, which comprises five males and three females, were all recovered Monday morning, hours after the building collapsed.
- VIDEO: Everything Keyamo Said When Asked If Tinubu Attended Primary And Secondary School
- See The Ridiculous Reason Kizz Daniel Refused To Perform At Tanzanian Concert, By Promoter
- Dino Melaye Bursted As The Possible Brain Behind Cultist Procession Against Bola Tinubu
- “Let The Poor Angry Bird Go Home And Rest” – Reactions After BBNaija’s Beauty Got Disqualified
- “I Dumped Burna Boy Because He Couldn’t Satisfy Me In Bed” – Stefflon Don